The summit combines classic mountaineering jacket styling with outstanding modern lightweight performance. Handmade in Britain and designed to perform in the -10-20 degrees centigrade range, the Summit has 800-fill insulation using 100% pure european goose down giving a weight of just 700g.
- Inspired by Ernest Shackleton's legendary feats of mountaineering including the first ascent of Mt Erebus and his epic traverse of South Georgia's mountainous interior in 1916.
Materials & Build:
- Hand-made in Manchester, England
- Water resistant lightweight technical fabric.
- Wind Proof
- 100% Finest pure European Goose Down - 800 Fill power.
- Each individual pocket of down is hand filled & stitched.
- Removable Hood.
- Super-lightweight nylon liner
- Weight: 700 grams
- Packable to 1.5 cubic litres for ease of transportation anywhere
- Unsurpassed warmth to weight ratio from world's best quality pure goose down.
- Removable Hood.
- Performance temperature range: -0˚C - 20˚C
- Tested in Antarctica
- Iconic Shackleton Nine-pointed Star patch on left arm.
- Adjustable hood design - enables wearer to create wrap around tunnel to protect against extreme cold.
- Nine Pointed Star star featured on press studs and zip pullers.
- Large rubber zip pullers, designed with pimples on reverse for ease of use with cold hands or whilst wearing gloves.
- Two outer pockets - with press stud fastening for quick access.
- One large internal zipped pocket - close to body core for extra warmth for storing phone & batteries in cold environments.
- Hem draw cord for a tighter fit - extra protection in stormy conditions.
- Internal patch -"By Endurance We Conquer" E.H.S
Store away clean and dry. When storing use a wide hanger in a warm, dry place. Avoid compressing your jacket for long periods. Only use the provided travel sac when travelling to and from your next adventure and when a more compact size is required.
Small dirty marks on the shell fabric may respond to wiping with a damp cloth. If you decide to use a stain remover, use sparingly and make you sure give the item a good airing before use.
WASHING AT HOME
To clean the whole item, down and all, washing is the only way to do it yourself. Clothing can be put through a washing machine or hand wash.
Use a mild natural soap product (not detergent) you may need to buy something designed for the job from an outdoor shop. The package will carry its own instructions, so you can follow them, or carry on as below.
1. Set the washing machine for 'delicate' or 'wool' or the equivalent low temperature wash (usually 30 degrees). Use a side-loading machine.
2. After it has gone through the spin cycle, most of the water will be out. But it will still need drying. Hang to air dry and give it a shake from time to time until you are satisfied that it is completely dry. Dry very thoroughly.